People in Janakpur used to decorate walls of their mud houses with elephants, which in Maithil culture are believed to be auspicious. The pregnant elephant is a symbol of fertility. Rajkumari Mandal, an artist crippled by polio, often makes paintings of pregnant elephants. The JWDC sewing artisans adapted the elephant paintings into a stuffed toy and decorated them with embroidery and appliqué.
- Materials: Felt, Cotton, and Thread
- Measurement: L28 x W19.5 cm
- Size: Small
- Designed by: Rajkumari Mandal
- Produced by: JWDC artisans
* Please note that the product is handmade. So, there might be slight variations in the size of the pattern. Each product is uniquely beautiful. Please contact for the order details.